Thursday, August 18, 2005

This is a Cool Free Program:

KeePass. It's an encrypted database where you can store all of your userid / passwords. It allows you to define a global hot key that will paste the userid / password key sequence into a target program. That is cool.

When you work with networks, everything has a userid and password. You can't make them all the same, so I'm forever getting lost. A month ago I had to completely re-set up a router because I couldn't remember the password and couldn't break my own pattern. This little program allows you to remember one password (or pass phrase as I've implemented it) to a database and all of the others you have can be stored there. Neat. The program is small enough to fit on a jump drive too.

If you don't have it, get it.

0 Rant In Reply:

Post a Comment

<< Home