Saturday, October 22, 2005

All Those Years Ago ...

I wanna hold your hand ...

I was reading in a Reader's Digest that we were given a gift subscription to, a story about the formation of the Beatles. Wow, so long ago, and, if I close my eyes, yesterday.

I was nine. My youngest brother was now nine days old. Number nine, number nine ....

My mom was freshly home from the hospital. They kept the ladies longer in those days, and it had been a difficult delivery. Children were not allowed in the room, so I had written her every day in my third grade vernacular. I remember that my mom was reading the notes that I had written, and laughing at my spelling.

Ever looking for opportunities to give my mom a hard time, I sitting at her feet, clasping her left knee, looked up wistfully and asked

"Mom, where do babies come from?"

My mom, being the honest and forthright woman that she was, did what any good parent would do: she panicked. "Here, Greggy, look, oh my goodness! The Ed Sullivan show is on, we don't want to miss that!" She turned on the old black and white, to this:



We sat in stunned awe as we "met" the Beatles for the first time.

I was never the same.

4 Rant In Reply:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flock Browser Released
Find out how your organization can benefit from Intel's advancements in technology.
Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience.

I have a Phone Sex site/blog. It pretty much covers Phone Sex and Adult related talk.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger I.:.S.:. said...

I would delete that above spam comment, although maybe on the other hand in its own way it became a part of the story.

So... Congratulations on winning, and I think I am going to send you a sober sort of book, but I think it should perhaps be a moon bat book... Although I haven't decided yet...

Funny how America has become polarised (that's the correct spelling in the UK) between moon bats and... what is it you call yourself? The right. Think about that. Even our language contains political biases.

You can safely send your postal address to the email given on realgem in order to claim your prize... Or you can send your email address first so that I can run some ideas past you (I wouldn't want to send you a book you've read before).

Saturday, October 22, 2005  
Blogger transience said...

oh dear. the beatles. i can't be expected to be coherent when the fab four is the topic of conversation. i blogged about the tender affliction once, though. and thanks for the love back at my place. i always return the favor, r&b.

Monday, October 31, 2005  
Blogger R&B said...

Lucy in the Sky, huh?

For me, it was Rocky Raccoon, definately.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home