Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some Thoughts

The last few weeks have been a blur. I actually started keeping a day planner in order to keep up with things. I never do that. Who really cares, you know? But when life gets this busy, it becomes self defense. But I resist terribly - me, organized?

It's kind of fun, really. Working in this hectic kind of furious fashion. From one thing to the next, not stopping, not considering, just doing.

One night I found myself on a drilling rig. A drilling rig is the quintessential West Texas icon. And there I was, catching the geologist's vision of wirelessly networking his oil field. I've always wanted to do that. Technology finally caught up with an old vision. And oil smells just like money, just slipperier.

I've upgraded my office and built networks and computers and solved problems and dreamed dreams. Kinda cool really. I turned off to the outside world for a bit.

Not totally, though. You gotta read Dave Bones account of the Abu Hamza trial over in London. Great coverage, really. Much better than following it on CNN or one of those other communist news networks. Dave is closer to the situation. He wants to believe that these guys aren't really terrorists, that they're just regular guys with different beliefs. I get where Dave is coming from ... I don't agree with him, but I get it. I've just seen the damage conspiracy theory crap can do to a person's head ... remember Tim McVey? Check out his coverage, though, it's stellar.

Even though there have been a derth of comments on my and on others blogs, doesn't mean I'm not still lurking. I still catch up on the "right" way of looking at things over at Sparkle's place. And I try not to miss Transience's disarmingly eloquent musings (warning: adult subject matter). She may be one of the finest writers on the internet. And I still catch some of Golden Eagle's politics and science stuff. But honestly, those are the only blog type sites I've had time for.

I've got to go to London. I just gotta meet my edgy UK blogger friends. Coffee, no mushrooms.

Well, I've got a ticket to ride. An hour before I get home, a steady stream of tail lights and headlights to fry my already over-worked occulars.

I'd better do it.

11 Rant In Reply:

Blogger dave bones said...

cheers dude, I thought no one was reading! If you come to London you can meet the "terrorists" for yourself. I'd be interested to see what you would make of each other.

Saturday, February 04, 2006  
Anonymous addaware said...

Hi there R&B, I’m out surfing for the latest
information on remove adware and found your great site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly peaked my interest. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for remove adware
related information and I’m happy I found your wine
blog even though this isn’t a perfect match. Great
Post, thanks for the read, I will leave you with one
of my favorite quotes from Andy Rooney: " Computers
make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the
things they make it easier to do don't need to be
done.." Andy Rooney

Thursday, March 09, 2006  
Anonymous free adware download said...

R&B, today I was looking for a nice blog
experience on adware scan and I found your website.
this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but it
did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived
on your excellent website when I was searching for
adware scan related information and I’m glad I did
even though its not an exact fit. Let me contribute
to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite
quote from Thomas Jefferson: "To err is human - and to
blame it on a computer is even more so. - Robert Orben
Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice
experience.

Sunday, March 12, 2006  
Anonymous remove spyware said...

Hello R&B, I’m out surfing the web for the latest
information on remove spyware and noticed your nice site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for remove spyware
related information and I’m thrilled I found your web
site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for your informative site, I’ll leave you with
my favorite quote from Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear
computers. I fear the lack of them.” Isaac Asimov

Friday, March 17, 2006  
Anonymous free adware download said...

Hello R&B, I’m out surfing the web for the latest
information on addaware and noticed your nice site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for addaware
related information and I’m thrilled I found your web
site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for your informative site, I’ll leave you with
my favorite quote from Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear
computers. I fear the lack of them.” Isaac Asimov

Saturday, March 25, 2006  
Anonymous addaware se said...

R&B, today I was looking for a nice blog
experience on anti adware and I found your website.
this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but it
did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived
on your excellent website when I was searching for
anti adware related information and I’m glad I did
even though its not an exact fit. Let me contribute
to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite
quote from Thomas Jefferson: "To err is human - and to
blame it on a computer is even more so. - Robert Orben
Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice
experience.

Sunday, March 26, 2006  
Anonymous anti adware said...

Hello R&B, I’m out surfing the web for the latest
information on remove adware and noticed your nice site.
Although this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking
for it certainly got my attention. Now I see why I
found your page when I was looking for remove adware
related information and I’m thrilled I found your web
site even though its not a perfect match. Great Post,
thanks for your informative site, I’ll leave you with
my favorite quote from Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear
computers. I fear the lack of them.” Isaac Asimov

Wednesday, March 29, 2006  
Anonymous addaware said...

Hi R&B, today I’m surfing for a good blog
experience on spyware removal and I found your great site.
Well this post wasn’t exactly what I was looking for
it did receive my attention and interest. I see now
why I found your resourceful web-site when I was
searching for spyware removal related information and I am
glad I found your site even though its not an exact
find. Let me contribute to this site by leaving you
with my favorite quote from Nicholas Negroponte! -
"Computing is not about computers any more. It is
about living." --- Nicholas Negroponte ---

Friday, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous anti adware said...

Hello R&B, I’m just searching the web for the
next big thing on adware spyware and noticed your great
site. Although this post wasn’t actually what I was
looking for it DID get my attention and interest. I
see now why I found your great website when I was
searching for adware spyware related information and I’m
thankful I found your blogsite even though its not an
exact match. Excellent Post, thanks for the read
(It’s a keeper), One last thing, here’s a great quote
from Doug Larson - "Home computers are being called
upon to perform many new functions, including the
consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -
Doug Larson

Friday, June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Saturday, July 22, 2006  
Blogger PLLTGFVQ said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. If you get a chance check out my site.spyware cleaner

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home